when do i do a hospital tour?

im 25 weeks and about to move to a different county and im not familiar with the hospitals out there so i was wondering when would be a good time to go and take the tour of the labor and delivery?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea. We never did that. They just gave us the directions and we went.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• you can do it any time theres no specific time to do one just when you get to the county call the hospital and ask for a tour and they should tell you when you can go :)
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 9:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• You might like to ask at your next prenatal appointment or in birth class.
    I have heard of some moms doing in in the 2nd trimester, and many in the 3rd.
    I never had a tour because I had my appointments in the room I would deliver in (birth center).
    Do you already have a new doctor set up?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I was lucky enough to have my ob/gyn office in the same hospital I gave birth in, so I just took a tour after one of my appts, when I was really close to my due date.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• i DO have a great doctor which is actually on the hospital grounds but like I said...things have changed and we are needing to move to another county which means another hospital that's closer WHICH means another doctor so no I have set up a new doctor yet....trying to figure that out right now.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• mine was when i went in for labor, they said this is your room! and then they moved me, go figure! but i got another room, which was bigger. and then i had the baby.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If you are moving to a new area, or if there are several different hospitals in your area in which to choose from, you should tour them to find the one that will suit your needs best.
    Many hospitals have private birthcenters anymore and these are set up like home (just with all the medical stuff) but there are alot of older hospitals that don't have this and if you are claustrophobic- being in a very cramped room might make it the worst experience in your life. Research your options so you know what is going to work best for you!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 9:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2009