Hello I am on here because my daughter is extremely upset.

My daughter came on here to ask anyone if they knew of someone that can help her. I have been paying for my grand daughters dance lessons for the past six years. Up untill recently. I am unable to pay for their recital costumes. I just lost my husband recently. And I just moved in to help my daughter with my three grand daughters. My daughter is a very wonderful mother. She is extremely kindhearted and would do anything for anyone. She has been sick for the past three years and she did everything she can to provide for her three children. She had gotten evicted and fell behind on her bills because she had to leave her place of employment. The things that were said about my daughter and grand daughters were absolutely horrible. As a mother of two and grand mother of 5 I would never ever say that about someone. I brought up my daughter with the upmost respect and self respect and she would never have written to you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Tell her to go to welfare they help tell her to get food stamps they also help with rent.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Im sorry that somebody upset your daughter. Im sure she is a great woman who just came on some hard times. It happens. The thing about these forums is that you have to put your big girl panties on before you come on here. We dont know the whole story, we get bits and pieces of what people choose to share. Some people are very abrasive and harsh. We all know that when we sign up. As they say, if you cant handle the heat, stay outta the kitchen.
    Anonymous

• Your daughter is a parent and should be mature enough to not be bothered by the comments of strangers.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• some people are just judgemental assholes, regardless of race, creed, gender, or age. Tell her to keep her head high and remember that Jesus treated everyone with love and compassion so tell em all to kick rocks!
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• The reason why people are being so rude, is your daughter is out and out ASKING FOR MONEY FOR what would be considered FRIVOLOUS DANCE LESSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is ASKING FOR MONEY on CafeMOM AGAINST CM policy, but it is pretty obnoxious considering there are people losing their HOMES, unable to FEED their children, unable to BUY essentials for their family, and here you are WHINING about stupid DANCE LESSONS!!!!!!!!

Get a clue! The national unemployment rate is actually around 20%!!! Your daughter comes across as selfish, and people don;t take too kindly to selfish people.
    Anonymous

• id give her money for dance lessons..i know how much i loved that as a kid and hell my kids love it too.. our dance teacher worked with us on the monthly paymants caus she didnt want her taken out because she is good.. i grew up a dancer and so is my oldest..its in our blood so i so know how this is.. do some fundraisers..you dance school doesnt do those for recital..ours do.. we dont have to pay anything for recital wear cuz of fundraising.. email me and i can mention a few ...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• swaney--you DO realize she was looking for $1300 for dance lessons, right?!
    Anonymous

• AS A SINGLE MOM OF THREE THERE ARE THINGS THAT MY CHILDREN LIKE WHICH I COULD NOT AFFORD ANYMORE....BUT THEY ARE WELL FED GO TO SCHOOL AND THRIVING AND THEY ARE HEALTHY HAPPY CHILDREN .....IF YOUR DAUGHTER CANNOT AFFORD DANCE LESSONS SHE SHOULD LET THE KIDS BE AWARE IF THEY ARE OF AGE.....I AGREE WITH THE ANONYMOUS PERSON....DANCE LESSON IS NOT A PRIORITY IF YOU HAVE TO MEET CHILDREN'S BASIC NEEDS....IF THE DANCE TEACHER IS UNWILLING TO WORK OUT A PLAN WITH YOU AND THERE ARE NO OTHER MEANS ITS HARD FOR KIDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT......BUT YOU AS A PARENT SHOULD START PARENTING AND KNOW THAT IN THESE HARD ECONOMIC TIMES WHAT OS MOST IMPORTANT....
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• oh damn our is half that.. sorry i missed the first post... but 1300 can be raised.. sell doughnuts or cookie dough or something..hell we maid 900 just by selling frozen pastrys in one week..maybe she should try not asking people flat out or complaining.. i can bearly pay some bills that we are used to having like cable but im not asking everyone for money or bitchn about it.. im working harder to work and make money..i spend an extra hour a day doing stupid jobs online making maybe an extra 5-10 a day..but it pays off... some people are just lazy ..o well.. id bust ass trying to make my kids happy.. but im not gana beg everyone on cafemom for money...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009