Why would my MIL say this? Is she f*cking stupid or what?

So I got pregnant this April when our baby was only 4 months old. It was an accident on both our parts, I stopped taking birth control which my husband KNEW, he saw me throw the pills away, and we both assumed it would take a while for me to become fertile again so we were not careful and like idiots, conceived a baby within 2 weeks of me throwing the pills in the trash. Anyway everyone wanted me to abort and I said no. MIL said I kept the baby to trap him. Um, what? We're already married AND have another child together! I just don't get how her twisted mind works. How do you deal with a person like this??? Oh and now she has "come around" and expects me to use the middle name for my daughter that she likes. Yea right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• How does your hubby feel about the whole situation? I'd be incredibly hurt....
    There's no way in heck i'd use her name if my mil treated me/said those things to me! You have the right to feel like you do.
    I just got pregnant again, and I have a 2 1/2 yr old, and twin 10month old boys....we have yet to tell anyone, because we don't know how they'll react...
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• She does not like you. You know this. Maybe she doesn't respect how fast you guys got pregnant and she can't blame her son so she blames you. If I were you, I would just avoid her like the plague, you don't this in your life.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant my husband (he was my bf at the time we were 17) asked if the kid was even his. That made me mad because she has NEVER even met me at the time. Then she asked him if I wanted her to pay for an abortion. 2 years later she wants to act like a big happy family. I still hate her....I ignore her completely and avoid her at all cost, I rather not see her. She acts like she does soooo much for my son. She doesn't do shit. If I didn't take my son over there I bet she wouldn't come see him. Ignore her.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Don't trust anyone who tries to pressure you into an abortion. Your MIL sounds like an idiot. She is probably hoping deep down that you were only temporary. She is seeing that you guys are more than just a couple with a baby, now you are a family and she isn't happy about it. Whatever her reasoning is, just ignore it as much as possible.
    Name your baby whatever you want. She doesn't have a say. Especially since she wanted you to abort the baby in the first place!!
    Anonymous

• She's family and she didn't say anything unforgiveable. You have to let bygones be bygones. Be the bigger person and let her share in the life of your new child as well.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I agree with seven07, ,but that does not mean she has any say in the babys name. Hell my mother had no say and we are the best of friends. That is something that is between you and your husband.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• kill her with kindness.....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Spend less time worrying about the garbage that spills out of other people's mouths and do what makes you happy. You'll find more peace in it, and the idea that you can control what she thinks or does will disappear and cease to frustrate you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Just ignore her and enjoy your children. My oldest two are 13 months apart and I absolutely love it. We didn't plan it either and my family especially had a lot of comment more or less because they were just in shock. By the time the baby got here everyone was over it and excited to meet him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Makes me wonder why she'd say you were trapping him..............does your husband talk to her about you and hubby's relationship? Sometimes a mother will take things a child says and really stretch it.

Still, I'd just ignore it. You're the mom, you choose the name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2009