help!

My DS is drooling so much and keeps putting his whole fist almost in his mouth. Could he be teething already? He's not even 3 months yet. He seems annoyed all the time too. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him a blanky
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yes, it is possible early but possible..those are signs..try baby orajel
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Its very possible. My son has been teething since about 3 mos and thats what he does. Hes not fussy all the time, just enough to let me know somethings going on. I wouldnt use orajel because it can numb baby's throat if swallowed.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• yes you son could be teething, it can take several months for a tooth to ever show up, but those are signs, at the drug store there are "teething tablets" made my hylands, they will help with symptoms, for my son i froze a wash cloth and gave it to him so he could chew on it, and yes he has to wear a bib all the time b/c the drooling. good luck..
    GsMomma61909

Answer by GsMomma61909 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• As long as he is not acting really grumpy or like he is in a lot of pain then you don't really need to do anything. Most babies become drool factories and begin "chewing" on stuff (including fists) around this age, however teething is still a possibility.. My baby had his first 2 teeth at 3.5 months and cut tooth #9 at 10months. So, yes it could be teething but it could also be normal baby stuff. Teething age tends to run in families so if you (or his dad) cut teeth early then there is a decent chance that your son will as well. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• My DD started teething at 2 months and got her first teeth at 6months old. I just kept a bib on her while she was awake so her clothes wouldn't get ruined. Try teething tablets. they work amazing for my DD.
    Kenzismommy09

Answer by Kenzismommy09 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Both my kids had teeth well before 4 months... of course it can be teething.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My babygirl was teething between 2 and 3 months... beware of orajel (even baby orajel) it is known to cause nerve damage and not do much good... ever got orajel anywhere in your mouth but where the pain is??? it sucks... and can burn... and is most likely going to cause more discomfort to your little one then help! cold wash cloth or even just a clean wash cloth to chew has seemed to help us a lot... and a lot of patience
    mouse888

Answer by mouse888 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It's hard to see them in pain, we never feel like we are doing all e can... yea we may be able to do more to take that pain but is that action more beneficial to us or them.... Do the bemnefits to THEM actually outweigh any other option (mainly re two very over used products; Orajel and tylenol....) Is making it eaasier on you really worth the potental harm/risk to them?
    mouse888

Answer by mouse888 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2009