Are Tom Tom Gps systems good?

Are they good and are they any cheap ones that i can buy for my husband for the holidays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My Grandparents love to travel. They just bought themselves an RV so for xmas I decided to buy them a GPS system. I got them a TomTom it was $89. I haven't opened it or anything but it has detailed maps, voice navigation and a bunch of other stuff. It sounded good to me. I Myself have a Garmin GPS. The salesman said TomTom was a good brand though!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Op here, where would be the cheapest place to buy one? walmart, target, best buy?
    Anonymous

• Husband and I both have Garmin, his is a year old and mine is a few months old. I think they are all about the same, maybe just make sure you can upload info from info to keep it up to date. I got mine at wal mart, he got his at circuit city (when open) we got our son's at Sams Club. There are alot of sales on right now so I would go online and check their prices.
    Anonymous

• We just got a Garmin nuvi 265w with Bluetooth, traffic updates, and it has maps for ALL of the US, Canada, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. I love it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yes, Tom Tom is very nice. Garmin and Magellen are nice, too.
    You can view them at www.walmart.com to get an idea of what they have, the specs on each one, and the prices. Most items on their website tend to be 10% less than what they sell in the store, and they tend to show more online than what they carry in the store.
    If he has any sort of trouble with his eyes, the 4.3" screen would be the best size for him. They don't cost too much at all.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2009