Help, looking to buy new pots and pans.....any suggestions on the best brand/type? Are the hard anodized good to purchase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• there some at dollar general
    Anonymous

• I got a Lagostina set for Christmas last year. they're awesome.

a thing to look for is whether the handles are screwed on or riveted on. the screw ones always tend to come loose and fall off or break whereas the rivets don't.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I can only speak for myself I suppose, I do not or will not own anything with a coating. They never last like they are supposed to or work as well as they say in the ads. If you know how to use a frying pan, nothing will stick to it and you won't need all those chemicals and coatings on your food. Plus, good quality pans without coatings will last 50 years or more, once the coatings on other pans are useless, you might as well just throw the pan away. And that's ultimately what the company wants you to do, repeat buy.

http://www.cooking.com/products/howtobuy/experts.asp?ClassNo=0108

I have all stainless pots and pans, and have had them now for 25 years. I'm sure I will have them another 25. My recommendation would be simply stainless by Calpholon or something similar. GL.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I prefer pyrex and t-fal.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I bought some Wolfgang Puck stainless steel pots and pans that are amazing. I had some Paula Deen pans but they were light weight and flimsy.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009