do you and your dh fight more during the holidays?

i feel so stressed this time of year and feel like we argue so much more...just bc running here and there and everything seems so rushed some days..and just trying to make others happy. We hardly ever argue over anything! Also..i don't think dh likes being asked for all the "extra" help...idk..maybe i can be a little pushy when it comes to getting decorations out and hanging lights. Does anyone else feel this way?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes
    Anonymous

• no we fight more when we have kids lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Well, we have the same arguments every year. He thinks we can't afford to give our extended family members gifts, even though they give us money. My argument is yes we can afford it because if we give Grandma a $25 gift and she gives us $50 check, we still come out ahead. He grew up poor and is afraid to spend money on non-practical things like gifts.
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 10:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• No we don't, we both have agreed on how we spend the holiday and what we spend and who we buy gifts for. We have made it more about us and our children than about impressing others with decorations and doing things for others that takes away time spent with our own family. My husband only has the week between christmas and new years off. Otherwise he is working away from home (1200 miles, this year) so we don't do anything we don't want to do and enjoy the time to ourselves.
    Anonymous

• Yes! Plus DH has been unemployed since January. Everything is spiriling out of control!! Everything is overwhelming and going wrong!! I was Screaming today I wish I would die like 4 times!! I could take no more!! It was like something bad was in our home and making us behave awful! We met on Christmas Eve. I was 16 he was 18. Its our special time of the year! And we're completley Hopeless!! I can't even go to the doctor for some major concerns!! What we live with and how its unbearable! I so undrerstand!! I hope it works ourt for everyone!! Plus I have 3 birthdays next week to deal with. One on the 2nd, 5th & 7th! Except 2 will be on the 5th!! So Stressed!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• LOL, Its not just you domestic assaults go up around this time of year for a reason. What you described sounds like our life year around. We rarely fight but when we do it is over something REALLY stupid. I am serious, one of our worse fights ever was over a stupid Taco Bell Mexican pizza. Just grin and bare it, these days will be over soon. Try to breathe and try to relax (easier said than done I know).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Nope, surprisingly though. I would think we would fight more because we're more stressed because of money and I'm 8 months preg this year and not working, our baby is due 12/25 and our son's birthday is a couple weeks after xmas. But we've actually been handling everything okay. I'm very proud because we usually do fight a lot and over money or just really stupid things. I dunno, the holidays put me in such a good mood, maybe it's rubbing off on him.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• not my hubby and i...its my inlaws that fight more with us on holidays then us fighting....i would love to just have a holiday to myself and hubby without the rudeness of the inlaws.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• the holidays are, our non-fighting time lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2009