Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE reply ASAP

My son got ahold of some wine, now i'm not sure how much he drank, but I don't know what to look for..He is asleep now. And that scares me. My son always fights sleep...is up til 11 or 12 fighting me. Long story how he got it, thats a whole other venting post.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (19)
  • I would call poison control in your area. They can tell you what to do.
    t_06_twins

    Answer by t_06_twins at 10:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • You should sleep next to him,as long as he's breathing and not throwing up he's fine..also don't let him lie on his tummy..I would wake him up for a second to see if he responds..then let him sleep..maybe drink some water?
    MamasAngelPie

    Answer by MamasAngelPie at 10:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • call poisen control or the doc
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Call poision control, heck even call your ER and see what they say. I hope you feel like crap though, I'm assuming your innocent child is between the age of 3-4, didnt know what they were reaching for. Thats why you put things WAY up high, away from innocent childrens reaches. Its called responsibility.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Call poison control. If you don't and something bad happens you could be up for child abuse charges for not taking care of your child.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • wake him up...dont let him sleep, i would watch his behavior to see if his speech is slurred or is he walking okay..does he want to wake up...if not take him to the ER...Wine can do alot even for me
    shay1130

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • Diff. call poison control, or call your local ER. I would simply be concerned no matter what but even more concerned because he easly went to sleep. I would diff wake him up and have him eat toast or crackers to help absorb the wine that he drank. If it were me I wouldnt let my child go to sleep untill Ive spoken to poison control and know for sure that my child was ok.
    AProsser

    Answer by AProsser at 10:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • He will need a lot of water. In the morning he will need pedialyte. Wait at least 6 hours after the incident before giving him the pedialyte. You want all of the alcohol OUT of the stomach before introducing electrolytes. A lot of water. Since a wine bottle is 1 liter, you want him to have at least 2 liters of water.

    Wake him every so often, every hour or 2. He may need to puke. Let him. He may also have diarrhea from this.

    I'm so sorry this happened to him!
    ecodani

    Answer by ecodani at 10:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • also..i dont think a child would drink too much wine...unless maybe it was sparkling wine..
    shay1130

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

  • water only makes alcohol go into your blood stream faster...no water.
    shay1130

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.