Christmas Charity

Christmas tree angel, empty stocking fund, feed a child...Who are you going to help this year? Just curious to see all the different ways we help others during this time of year. I am still trying to decide what our family should do...especially since we don't really have much to give this year.

NicoR

Asked by NicoR at 10:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• I think I am going to just try to do random acts of kindness whenever I see an oppurtunity to...
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I volunteer all year 'round instead of joining the masses in seasonal giving.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I like to do Operation Christmas Child. You pack a shoebox with gifts and it is shipped overseas to a needy child.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• toys for tots and I always give change to the salvation army guys in front of stores.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• we usually do an angel tree (2-3 kids)...but we 'give' all year long, too. people need clothing, food, etc. all the time. and, don't forget to write it off on your taxes...its a win-win situation.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I will be trying to help sponsor a family from my daycare. They sponsor families if they need it and do stuff for people all year long. Last year I asked for an extension on my payment because we literally had NOTHING to give the kids for Christmas and all I had was $25 and really wanted to spend it to get the kids at leats something small. I wasn't asking for anything at all nor did I expect it, but when I came to drop the kids off the next day they had two big bags of toys for them and some clothes. I almost cry thinking about it now. They didn't have to do that and they did. It really made our holiday special and fun for the kids. :)
    I will do what I can to help a family this year along with the daycare. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh and as far as year round giving, I do that too... but I never write anything off on my taxes. I figure it is me blessing them, why do I need anything in return for being nice?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2010