Am I being rude?? please help.

My boyfriend that ive been with for about 3 years on and off gave me a tiffany and Co. bracelet with my name engraved in it today. although i am very appreciative of it, i cant help but wonder how he got the money for it. he has a job but its not really a good paying one. and he's always saying how he wants to get a place with me, him, and my daughter but he doesnt have the money right now then he pops up and gives me a tiffany and Co. bracelet. Would it be rude to ask him how he got it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah- saying it like that it might be- but if u were to say oh its beautiful! but im wondering why you would spend so much on it when there are so many better things to spend money on! and maybe he will volunteer the info
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Probably it would be rude... I mean, he may have been saving for a long time to buy it for you, or he may have had it from a long time ago and engraved it for you and re-gifted it... But since he is your boyfriend and not your husband, you don't depend on him for money (I assume), it would be rude and unnecessary to ask. I would leave it alone. Unless you think he is doing something stupid like dealing drugs or stealing, then there is no good reason to ask. Just be thankful that you have a thoughtful BF who thinks of you and does things like that. I have a husband who isn't that thoughtful... He is broke, too, and tomorrow is my birthday and I know for a fact that he didn't get me anything, b/c we are broke. So be thankful.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• atleast your husband doesnt think that you have to buy EVERYTHING at Walmart! Anything i get comes from walmart...unless i tell him i want to pick something then i get lucky
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Definitely would be rude to ask. Just appreciate it, maybe he got it off of craigslist or bought it from a friend. My Moms business partner called us the other day to meet him at a pawn shop. He had found a beautiful Bulova watch for his wife. It looked BRAND NEW and had the original box, he bought it for $45. When I got home I looked up on the internet, that watch was on their website for $450 and I know that it was not a fake! Also, I bought my Husband a $500 watch years ago, he has worn it a few times, we have seen the same watch in pawn shops that look as new as my Husbands for $80! SO you just never know!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2009