How can I help my seven years old make friends?

We just relocated to Fort Lewis 6 months ago and my son is having difficulty making friends. He attends daycare as well as school, but states that he has no friends at either place. He says the kids told him they don't like him. I've watched him at school and he is always alone. During recess, he just walk around the school yard. He tells me this make him sad. I don't have many friends here, the people I know have girls my daughter's age. Please any advice?

momof2precious

Asked by momof2precious at 10:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have you tried looking for an in-home daycare in the area, or just a different kind of daycare? maybe if there was a different atmosphere he would have an easier time making friends. if you can't switch daycares, just hang in there. i'm sure the kids will come around sooner or later. being the new kid is never easy, but hopefully the 'new kid' thing will start to wear off soon and he'll find a friend.
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2009