What is the point???

Of having a pre-lit Christmas tree if the lights don't work? Seriously, I could scream! My DH saw some gizmo that is supposed to fix this sort of thing. It costs 25 bucks and seems like a hoax to me. Would you try it, or just spend money on strands of lights, or say screw it and buy a new tree or a real one? The damn thing cost 400 bucks and is only 3 yrs old. Of course the company who sold it is now out of business. UGH Humbug!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 11:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just buy lights. My Moms tree has a row of branches that are out and we just put lights around that row.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• buy the lights...its done now and you cant get them back working or even the refund you were looking for.

take what you have and work with it...dont go buying another one if you already spent alot on it in the first place.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Go get a few set of net lights, cut out the pre-wired lights,and just drape the net lights on. It's all the convenience of a pre-wired tree without the cheap, crappy lights that come installed on a pre-wired tree.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Yeah . . buy the lights. The top 1/3 of our tree wouldn't light up either and our tree is only 4 years old. We just used a string of lights that we already had that matched and you can't even tell. I feel your pain, though . . . how annoying . . . especially when you're so excited to get your tree up and decorated.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• We bought a really nice pre-lit tree last year, and I asked my husband what would happen if/when the lights stop working, and he said "Oh, they'll last forever. By the time the lights die, you'll be ready for a new tree anyway". I will have to tell him about this post. I suppose if we were in your position, we'd do what the pp's have suggested and remove the non-working lights and go back to having to string the lights up every year.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• We bought our very first pre-lit tree this year so I think I'll go buy as many replacement lights for our brand of tree as I can before they sell out so we can stock up for years to come.
    Thanks for the warning with this post. I'm sorry your lights went out. I would just buy a strand of lights, too, instead of a new tree.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2009