Whats going on with me????

A few weeks ago i started getting a strange sensation around the area where my ovary is on the left side. So i thought that i had another cyst or something. At the time I had no insurance. I finally have insurance and I went to the docter and they did a pap (which came back normal) and I am supposed to go back next week sometime for an ultrasound to check for cysts.

Problem is that the strange sensation has turned into a sharp pain that shoots up my abdomen and it seems more centralized than to the left. It isn't unbearable but it is kind of freaking me out. My doctor is really hard to get into so do i wait for the next appointment that is in a few days or do i go somewhere else like tomorrow. I have a feeling that i may have left a UTI go for too long and it may have spread to my kidneys or is on it's way there. I know I sound paranoid but this isn't E.R worthy but is it different doctor worthy??

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 11:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Health

• umm maybe its an etopic pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Well, leaving a UTI go untreated does become very painful...if you have to pee all the time,and after you pee you still have the sensation,and have to almost "hold" yourself and get a "pee" like sensation that is almost a hurt.. then you could very well have a bladder infection..or yes, a UTI..but I doubt that it's one that has gone untreated,cause that is unbearable.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 11:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I have mild uti symptoms for about a week but they aren't painful at all. i having been drinking more fluids and hoped that would get me through to the doctors appointment, I do sometimes feel like I still have to use the bathroom when I am done but it isn't all the time and it isn't painful. So it's probably something different. I have just never had any shooting upward pain with my last cysts.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 11:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• call your dr first thing in the morning. tell them it's an emergency. Most gyn have daily 'sick/emergency' appts available. a phone call only takes a minute. tlk to a nurse there if nothing else.
    mouse888

Answer by mouse888 at 6:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2009