WHAT will work best to get my milk to come back in?

I stopped breastfeeding a week ago but I regret it and want to breastfeed her again shes 2 months

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just start putting her to the breast to feed - her stimulation will be one of the best things. If it's only been a week you should still have some there unless you took Rx meds to dry up. GL momma!
    Anonymous

• Ditto to the first answer. After just a week, there's no reason for you to be "dry" without meds. Here's a helpful link on lactation. There are things that help like fenugreek, mother's tea, certain prescriptions, oatmeal, etc. But supply comes with demand. So long as your breasts are stimulated, the supply will meet the demand. You can also pump in addition. Super congrats for trying to do the best thing for your baby =)

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html

jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I agree with the first two posters. Just bring baby to breast as often as possible. She may not want it because she's become spoiled and stubborn because bottles flow milk faster than the breast, but every time she whines or is uncomfortable, nurse... whenever you think she's hungry nurse her. Also, get a SNS (supplemental nursing system) so that way you know she's getting enough milk throughout the day but your breasts still get the stimulation they need. Good luck and congrats for wanting to breastfeed again!
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Just to add, if she's refusing the breast make sure you have BM rubbed all over and get some drops in her mouth.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Nurse frequently
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump.

Good luck!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i take herbal pills to increase my milk maby it will help u the pills are fenugreek and stinging nettle you can get them at any vitamin store also to increase is mothers milk tea it tastes like black licorish not to exciting lol someone also told me to pump every 2hrs and lots of water ........hope it helps whitneybreastfeeding

1sexymama619

Answer by 1sexymama619 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Hey, good for you! All the above advice is good. Let me add one thing. You will probably need to supplement for a week or so to get your supply back up. Don't let that discourage you. Try to pump as much as you supplement (not quantity of milk, just try to pump every time you must give a bottle). It will take some time, but the effort is worth it!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009