Did you get a push present??

I know that kinda sounds messed up but i'm not talking about a bmw or a pair of diamond earring but like maybe a card?? Some flowers?? dinner? My husband didn't do anything sweet at all. I didn't think something that petty would ever bother someone like me but its been two months and whenever i think about it I get so upset. Is there something wrong with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are very emotional right now because you recently had a baby. There's nothing wrong with you, but the only way to fix a problem you have with your husband is to talk to him about the problem. I'm sure he doesn't even know anything is wrong. Heck, I'm the person who didn't know what a push present is and I'm a mother. Him being a man doesn't work on his side with this one, so let him know that way it can be fixed. Honestly, we can't fix your problem but he can. Remind him of you being emotional during this time because you just had your baby and you love him, that you just want him to show his love and appreciation for you. Smile, it will be okay!
    Anonymous

• What is a push present?
    Anonymous

• Like after you push out a baby
    Anonymous

• Yes I did... a beautiful baby boy each time. Try to concentrate on what you have and not material things that you don't. Men are thoughtless and don't think like women do. Either work on getting past it or tell your dh that it hurt your feelings and that you need him to get you a gift. Your being resentful for the past two months I am sure is not helping your marriage.
    Anonymous

• lol I was about to say the same thing...my present was a baby!
    Anonymous

• people get presents for that? wow...I got jipped TWICE!
    heh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• Nope, My present is that he was able to be there for the birth instead of being on a plane to afghanistan and two beautiful baby boys.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 11:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• OP here You get what i'm saying Anon 11:24. I didn't expect an actual gift I think I was just hurt that he never said like hey thanks... You did a great job lol. Nothing!! Our daughter is the best thing anyone could have giving me and when i said thank you for helping make her possible he said your welcome... wth?? Maybe its just hormones.
    Anonymous

• lol, he said your welcome?! omg see he is such a guy! Just talk to him it'll be fine. and btw you are hormonal lol but that happens :)
    Anonymous

• My husband brought me a footlong tuna sub and a peach beer. Two things I missed dearly during pregnancy!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2009