How long would implantation bleeding last? And are dollar store PTs reliable?

I am semi-TTC (not trying our hearts out, but definitely not against the idea). But I have PCOS, which makes TTC possibly difficult, b/c it effects my cycle and hormone levels. It makes my periods rather irregular, for one thing, which is why I am confused at the moment. I have had semi-regular periods recently, except for having TWO (?) last month w/ 8 days between them. But now, I am over a week late, but have had very light, brown spotting for about 3 days, that is very mucous-y. It reminds me of my implantation bleeding from my first baby, but should it last that long? I know - take a PT. But money is REALLY tight this week, so I was also wondering if the PTs they sell at the dollar store are AT ALL reliable... Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think they are all the same, thing is they say some can detect sooner, I have used the equate ones at walmart and they worked for me.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I used the dollar store preg. tests with both my pregnancies and they worked just as great as the expensive ones!
    keileensmom

Answer by keileensmom at 3:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I didn't have implation bleeding... I found out I was pregnant with my 2 babies with dollar store tests.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 10:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I used a dollar tree test and found out I was pregnant when I was only 4 weeks along.
    veryproudmomma2

Answer by veryproudmomma2 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2009