When did you feel your baby drop? What does that mean anyway?

I'm 31wks and my baby has been really low. Like I feel her below my stomach sometimes. I just started feeling her this low in the last three days. Plus, I am cramping a lot, like you do before you start your period. Can anyone give me some insight pretty please? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dropping is when the baby move down towards the cervix more, it may feel a little heavier than usual, and lower back pain may increase. this is where its starting to get ready lol (though u have weeks to go) you will feel pressure there though down in ur regions i felt some pressure. But u might be starting to feel barely but faint braxton hicks :) (thids may be the crampig ur experienceing
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• The baby can drop as early as the seventh month, but most don't drop until the late eighth or sometimes ninth month. Sometimes babies don't drop at all and have to be moved downward during labor or delivered by C-section. My mom told me she thought it looked like my baby dropped during my 39th week of pregnancy, but I didn't feel any different and I didn't think I looked all that low. Oh well. I think some people notice it more than when it's you. You know?
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

• I don't think you actually feel it drop... which btw just means the baby has dropped down into the "canal" if you will.. moving close to the exit route. lol. However, you will feel like your belly hangs lower and its alot heavier... and you might even notice your prego waddle worsen. <3 the good news is... you're almost there. <3 Best Wishes!
    SurgicallyVIP

Answer by SurgicallyVIP at 12:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Thanks ladies; it comes and goes so she probably hasn't dropped but she's definitely getting low on me lol I never really had braxton hicks with my first so maybe that is the cramping...thanks for the insight! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2009