Why is my cat obsessed with people in the bathroom??

everytime someone, anyone goes into the bathroom the cat is right behind them. Say there is a time that he doesn't see you enter the bathroom and you shut the door and turn on the shower. The moment the water starts going the cat is outside the door meowing like crazy until you get out, or let him in. whichever comes first.

my cat is wierd.

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He might feel that is the only thing he owns lol. Is his box in the bathroom?
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 12:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• lol, I dont know my cats and dogs are the same way. late last night i had two dogs and three cats follow me in and i turned and asked them if they thought i was putting on a show. If its not pets its kids, if i close the door i see paws reaching under the door or kids knocking, you just cant win lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i hear you 3 ring.... and to answer goodmama no his box is in my room. not necessarily an ideal spot for a litter box but that room is super baby proofed so my room is kittys safehaven.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 12:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Oh my gosh, my cats do the same thing! Well, there is one in particular that it never fails, EVERY time I go into the bathroom, 2 secs later she is walking in there meowing and rubbing against my legs. If the door is not shut all the way, she'll force her way in. If I shut the door, when I come out, all 3 of my cats will be laying outside the door waiting for me. It's really crazy! I guess they figure that's one way to catch you sitting still so they can be petted? I don't know? lol

But mine only do it to me, not to dh or ds.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• They might like the cold tiles.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 12:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My cat does this too, his food is in there but I dont think thats the reason. He will go in there and sleep on the counter next to the sink.. Or he will sit on the counter and look at himself in the mirror. Follow me in there and meow at me even if his dish is full. Its like the attention room haha
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It's just that he is worried you may fall in or drown and then no one will feed him. It's not love, but blind self-interest! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My cat waits patiently outside the bathroom door when we are showering and when we come out he runs in and jumps in the shower before all the water drains out. Silly kitty!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009