It is almost here & I am sad !!!

I absolutely love christmas and everything about it.... I am sooo happy that it is almost here, but now I am feeling depressed because it will soon be gone.

Am I crazy or does anyone else feel this way too?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm just upset I can't afford a lot of "Christmas" this year. Oh well, at least my family is not materialistic and will understand why we're giving them baked goods and homemade ornaments....
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't like chirstmas at all because my parents aren't not the normal parentsl lol. I do give my kids the best christmas and have them help me decorate. Just see it this way what is it that you like and how can you have it all year around.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I feel the same way. I'm not completely depressed but the older I get, the faster it comes. At least this year, the Christmas season seemed to start before Thanksgiving!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I so totally understand how you feel! I can't wait for it to get here, but at the same time, I will be sad when it's over.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I always feel that way. My daughter told me today she wished it was Christmas and I told her that the month leading up to Christmas is the best part of Christmas. Because once it arrives, it's over before you know it and you have to wait eleven more months for that "feeling" again.
    looselylucid

Answer by looselylucid at 1:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think I understand, but you can continue that feeling of love and charity throughout the year by volunteering at your local food pantry, soup kitchen, or homeless shelter. You can "adopt" a family who are in need of a friend and give them a small gift each month. It doesn't have to be anything major - a basket of food, homemade baked goods, or crayons and coloring books for the little ones would really make their day.
    Begin planning for next Christmas by purchasing Christmas cards on sale after the holidays and stamps throughout the year. Sign up on several Christmas card exchange lists in November and write personal notes into each card to let each person know how special they are, even if you don't know them, God does. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Normal train of thought, however don't let that ruin the season for you. Just enjoy each and every moment. You cannot control the passing of time, but you can control what you do with the time. Merry Christmas.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009