have you ever had a drastic change in looks? How did you deal with it?

I've always been "the fat girl" or "the fat friend".. I never thought I was much to look at anyway. I've seen tons of pretty bigger women, I was just never one of those. I didnt care about how I dressed. It was always baggy oversized clothes to hide my body. I never even had a boyfriend until I was 20(he is now my DH). I got the Gastric bypass a year ago. Ive lost over 80 lbs. My Highest weight was 278. So I still have more to lose but im not nearly as big as I was or felt! People notice me now, men hit on me, people tell me I look good. I dont know how to take a compliment from years of teases instead of compliments. I see myself and still feel like im the fat girl.. I dont know how to handle the attention now. I dont want it! My DH loved me when no one else did and for that he will always hold a special place in my heart... I have this new look but I feel the same about myself??? im confused?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The show 'True Life' on MTV had a special about people who had gastric bypass surgery and how they dealt with it afterwards. you should check it out.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009