How do I get into writing?

I am really interested in reading and writing. I write some blogs that people really seem to enjoy and everyone makes the comment that I should write a book. Really my dream job would be to copy edit books or magazines. But I am also really interested in writing to a parenting magazine (or online magazine). Anyone have any suggestions for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.nanowrimo.org/

This month was national novel writing month. My sister is writing a great novel. Good luck. Just do a websearch on beginning writers and how to get started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Your local community college or unversity are great places to start.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You can get a book called The Writer's Market, that comes out every year. It has listed all the publishers, and I mean ALL of them, organized by category and what their submission requirements are. I got one at B&N for about $20. It's a big ol' fat book, so you'll have a lot to choose from. Enjoy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009