need advice ... 15 month old waking up in the middle of the night

My 15 month old wakes up every night at 2 am - when he does he is wide awake, no at all tired and all he wants to do it play. If I try to put him back to sleep he tells me he is hungry. He hasn't been eating very much for diner lately (I have no idea why) so I believe him when he says he is hungry but even after I give him something to eat he stays up for at least an hour. I have tried not giving him anything to eat and that just makes it worse.
He has also been pulling at his ear. He has no other signs of and ear ache/infection and he only does it after waking up at night.
I have no idea what to do, please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe you are putting him to bed too early or maybe he does have an ear infection? I would make sure he has a snack before bedtime and maybe that will help him sleep.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• A bath and a snack and a warm cup of milk would do it. Bring him to the doctor he could have a start ear infection.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 2:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would make sure he doesn't have an ear infection. I have a 20 mo daughter and we've been dealing w/ waking up at night too. It got so bad a while ago that I felt like I had a newborn again. I read dr weisbluths happy baby sleep book along time ago and I remember what he had the parents do whenever the kid woke up at night. Put them to bed earlier! He said that if they get overly tired it will make it harder for them to go to sleep and stay asleep. I was putting DD to bed at 9 or later every night in hopes that she would sleep in and giving her 1-2 hr nap each day but she kept waking up more and more each night. Last night I put her to bed by 8 (it wasn't easy) and she slept all night!! She wakes up by 6:30 but to me it was better then getting out of be and putting her back to sleep in the middle of the night. Good luck!
    quintana08

Answer by quintana08 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My kids only sign of an ear infection is waking up at night - not even pulling at the ear, just waking up. Take the poor kid in to get checked for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2009