when did you give up bottle at bedtime

when did you stop giving your child a bottle at bed time? Did you change from milk to water or did you just cut it out entirely? How did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I stopped it when I took them off the bottle which was around 12 or 13 months
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would let them drink until bedtime. Brush their teeth then after that they get water.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 2:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have never giving a night time bottle or sippy cup to my children. My son lived with his grand parents when he was a a baby till two and a half years and I hated when they gave him bottles. (it was just the way they did it...) I took him off completely cold turkey the moment he started living back with me and gave him only sippy cups with no lid on it during the day. I have a 20 month old son also, and I have only giving him milk at night when he was an infant and his feeding time just so happened to be at bed time :). But I stopped that once we gave him solids. And we stop giving him water at 6:30pm before bedtime (we give a a sip or two before bed time to water his throat). And they only get milk in the morning lol.. so I guess my answer doesn't really matter huh?? lol... good luck!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 4:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• As soon as that first tooth appears, your child should have only water after her/his teeth are brushed.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• When we started sippy cups, they no longer had any bottles...only the cup. They received a cup of formula about an hour before they went to bed, then nothing until morning when they woke up for breakfast. (this was at 6 months and they were sleeping through the night)

As for no more drink in the evening (or snacks) that stopped at about a year. They (as in MY kids) didn't need it any longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I let all of mine decide that for themselves. For each of them it was between 18 months and 2 1/2 yrs
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• For my son we took it away at around 14 months... if he was very fussy or acted like he wanted it then he could have it... but most of the time he didn't miss it and afterwhile didn't ask for it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• my son was weaned from the bottle at nine months we just took it from him and gave him a sippy cup and had no problems about 2 weeks after he no longer wanted his betime bottle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I had to force my dd to take a bottle from 8 mos on and quit at 11.5 mos because it was such a fight everytime she needed it. I still (at 2) have a sippy of water in her room for bedtime which I am not sure about taking away. Maybe just switch you baby to a sippy instead?!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009