my head is killing me!

im 14 weeks
what can i do for my headache?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• extremely dim light, or no lights and candles (that isn't directly in your line of vision) and soothing soft music. you could take Tylenol..but I don't recommend it. When I was pregnant (twice) I only took that when I was in sever pain (and trust me..my second one was every moment of agony lo..) but anyhoo... you can do all that and maybe add a nice warm bath.. that sounds great to me lol.. I so hope your head feels better...and congrats!!!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 4:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yup, what she said. Consider it a dress rehersal for when they discover the joy of banging on pots w/ metal spoons lol. Hope you feel better. Try some essential oils to relieve your headache, add em to your bath.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Have you eaten? Are you getting 50-60 grams of protein daily?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Tylenol is safe in pregnancy - no more than 650mg in one dose though. Drink plenty of water, it doesn't take much to get dehydrated in pregnancy which in turn leads to headaches. If you still have it after a few hours, call your doc/OB, your blood pressure may be too high. Also, you can try going to a chiropractor (find one who has a special table for pregnant women) - I went every 1-2 weeks during my last 3 pregnancies and it helped immensely with every aspect of my pregnancy - sore hips, heartburn, headaches, everything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009