Did you have multiple Miscarriages?

I am so scared and nervous!!!! I took 4 pregnancy tests on Saturday and all postive. I am very happy about that. But I am not able to call the doctor till this AM as the office is closed on the weekend. My first pregnancy I had a miscarriage. The second one I had a beautiful little girl. So this is my third. I obviously don't want a miscarriage and don't want to be stressing about it. But I think since I have had one its really hard to me to focus. So I wanted to know if you have had a miscarriage if you had one more than once? Should I really try not to stress about it so much? Thanks!!!

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wish I could give you personal knowledge in this but I have never had a MS thank God, I am very sorry to hear that you have in the past... The fact that you had one LB in between should mean something!!! My step sister had a lot of miscarriages and in her case the Dr. told her w/ each one her body was stronger and less likely to MC the next... sounded kinda weird to me but in a way made sense. Best of luck to you.... Keep your chin up and don't stress... look at the fact that you were blessed with one... your body did it once it can do it again! Many things contribute to miscarriages, your first could have been a fluke...
    mouse888

Answer by mouse888 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I had to add... I have known many people who have ha done and no more... others have a few and then have a successful LB Each person is individual. Your first most likely has nothing to do with or any effect on any following preg. unless you have underlying medical conditions
    mouse888

Answer by mouse888 at 6:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am in the exact place you are right now! I had a MC my first time at 9 weeks but didn't find out till I was 10 week. Then 2 years later I had my baby boy! Now just found out I am a little over 5 weeks and scared to death I will MC this one! All I keep telling myself is that whatever happens happens you can't stop it so just enjoy what you have right now! I called my doctor and she knows my history and still isn't going to see me till Jan 13th.. she doesn't seem to worried so why should i be? but easier said then done!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i understand how you feel i had to m/c and i thought i wouldnt ever have a child but god gives you what he wants and now i have four kids and one on the way dont stress your self about the fact that you had one think about the wonderful baby gowing in side of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Miscarriages are extremely common....that may not sound comforting, but in a way it is because so many people have had miscarriages and also have had babies! I did have two miscarriages, but I also had two children. After the miscarriages, I was not as ready to tell everyone I was pregnant, and I was more cautious about the whole pregnancy. So, I understand what you are feeling. My youngest is 12 years old now.....it all worked out!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• The vast majority of miscarriages are "flukes"......
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i have 3 boys and am 19weeks preg with baby #4. I had a miscarrage between my first and second son, but did not even know i was preg. Then i had another M/C between my second and third son, but then i was 13weeks preg. when i miscarried. It was awful. Yes, i was very nerveous until i got past my 13th weeks the last 2 pregnancies, but there really is no need to get yourself all worked up. Congrats on your pregnancy and try to relax about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I've only had the one and it totally surprised me. I had already had 4 perfectly normal, healthy pregnancies and then earlier this year I miscarried at 12 weeks. Now I'm about 7 weeks again and just can't be excited about anything. I keep expecting the same thing to happen but I'm not worrying about. There isn't anything I can do about it if it does happen. I'm basically in wait and see mode.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i had two, that's life, it hurts but then you move on. there's nothing anyone can do about an early miscarriage unless they have found you have some sort of hormone problem. good luck though.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I understand how you are feeling. I had two normal healthy pregnancies, then two miscarriages. When I got pregnant this time, I was much more proactive in the beginning of my pregnancy. I did not believe that my miscarriages were due to abnormalities with the baby, I thought both times my hormones were off. Sure enough, I insisted she test my hcg and progesterone levels at 5 weeks and it was low. She tested again at 6 weeks and the progesterone had dropped. I was put on a supplement and have had no problems since then. If you feel uneasy, have them check those levels or do an early ultrasound. Most doctors will do nothing until you lose three in a row and I think that is outrageous. I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, heard it at 12 and did not relax and start to enjoy this pregnancy until the 20 week ultrasound where I saw that everything was perfect with baby! Remember, the doctor works for YOU! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2009