Pug question...

My pug is constantly scratching under her arms and is rubbing it raw. Does anyone know what I can do to help this? No fleas! Also, when we try to trim her nails, she is becoming very aggressive. I thought pugs weren't aggressive dogs. I am so fed up with this, I want to give her away, but that would upset the kids.

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 7:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pets

• Taker her to the vet. It might be a yeast infection on her skin.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree with the pp there could be a yeast infection or some sort of skin infection going on. This is very common with pugs. as far as nail trims this can be a common thing with dogs in general not many like getting nail trims especially is they had been cut into the quick in the past. You can fix that though if you are willing to work with her. I would start by just showing her the clippers and giving her treats to make them a positive thing. Then end that session without doing the nails the next time touch her nails with the clippers and give her treats with out clipping the nails. When she is comfortable with that the next session take the tip off the nail and give her a treat. I would end it there so that is ia positve experience then go back again later. I know it sounds like it will take a lot of time but at most it takes me a week to do this when i am working with a dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2009