my 2 year old crys

my 2year old cry all the the time for no reason at all she gets all the love in the world she's not without food she gets sleep i even took her to the dr to seee if she was hurting any where and she wasn't i sometime,i cant take it and find my self getting upset i have 3 other kids and i feel like she's taking up all of there time with me by crying and always wanting me ,dont get me wrong i have just let her cry many times and even had the lady next door call cps on me because she thought i was hurting her somebody please help me because i do all that i can do and it doesnt work i just want my baby to stop crying so much i love her and want her to act like the rest of the kids.
signing:a mother that loves her kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you are misunderstanding CRYING for WINING. I have a winer. She is 25 now. But when she was very young she wined all the time. There is not much you can do about it. They do grow out of it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Just let her cry. Do what you can and then walk away. She must be getting some benefit from crying, weather it is a positive or negative reaction. Maybe for even a few min. each day have one on one time, that might help. A set routine may also help. You didn't mention if you do either. Do your best to ignore her after you know she is fine, and remain calm. Some kids just have to let it out a little more then others. Talk to the older kids and see what there thoughts are, sometimes kids have some really good insights and maybe they have some ideas as to what to do. And at the least you all can be on the same page.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My daugter is 20 mo and whenever she starts crying and whining for something she can't have, or I won't let her do something I distract her. For ex) Do you want to go to the park? Did you see that cat/dog( then we go look for it) Do you want to go see (name her friend/relative) Do you want to eat (name something) and she usually forgets whatever it is that shes whining about. Also make sure your giving her a little bit of special fun time devoted only to her everyday. Do something that she likes to do like coloring, read a book, kick the ball......You've got three other kids so i'm sure your super busy but she may want your attention. My daughter doesn't even want to share me w/ my husband=)
    quintana08

Answer by quintana08 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My son went through that phase. At first I was also concerned, but I didn't realize that his was also at a time when his father was away for about 3 months and he was having a really hard time adjusting and understanding, and he didn't really know how to properly show his emotions, so he would just cry and get frustrated, and get really clingy to me. After awhile I figured out what was going on and I didn't feed into it anymore. I always gently explained what was going on with his dad so he wouldn't be scared (if that what was going on at that moment) but if he was just being whiny and throwing tantrums and toys, forget it. I ignore that stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009