so who did black friday?? how did u do? was it crazy were u are?

i did black fri, and for the firsttime i went to toys r us i was there at 11:30pm for the midnight sale and there was A HUGE line i was in line for 45 mins and all i wanted was one thing, was worried i wouldnt be able to get it but i did and was so happy to me was worth the waiting and crowed. i got the neat and tidy cottage for 99.99 and is normaly 159.99.. so i did save. and was out again at 330am kholes,walmart,target,kmart. im an so happy i did well and saved..corse being up 30 hours and no sleep i was on auto pilot by 8am. lol. so how did u ladies do? croweds here were big but no fights some were grumpy some were cheerful..i even saw a few men normaly i see the women so to see a handful of dads in the toy section was funny ( they looked scared. ) lol.....

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• The best sales are after Christmas. I do not do black friday. I make sure I do not go shopping on black friday.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• This is the first year I've ever done it. I did fantastic. I went to Walmart and got nearly everything I wanted. I got the two big gifts I needed saving over $100 on those items alone. The store was crowded, but nearly everyone was in a good mood. They didn't have all the prices clearly marked, the staff was as confused as the customers, and the lines just to get some items were too long with one person maning while other lines had 5 helpers and there was no wait. I saw a ton of men there, I was really surprised to see young and old men shopping there alone. Then there were the dads pushing the carts looking scared. I have nearly all of my shopping done! I loved it!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't go out on black Friday at all, I wait til after Christmas for the really good stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I didn't do the actaul crazy shopping. I thought about going to Toys R us but decided against it. I did however wander over to walmart Friday evening for printer ink. Realized the black ink for my printer was 21$ and found a different printer/scanner/copier with color and black ink for 24$. So I got a really good deal on a new printer! :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My husband was out at Kohls at 6 am after he finished work that morning. Don't be suprised to see dads!! My husband loves being involved and if it means that he has to go out to get them after working 12 hrs he will for our 3 yr old!!! Got 2 barbie sets for $15 a piece which were 50% off and pajamas for her. I can't go out with her that early so he does our black friday shopping~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i did it at walmart, you had to get in lines this year. everyone was accually polite where i went and were mostly saying excuse me and sorry when they bumped you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I got up and was going to go to walmart. I got in the parking lot and saw the line and all the police detail and decided to get back in my car, get some coffee and head home. I shopped for everything online this Black Friday. I hit up Walmart.com and Toysrus.com and I am about 80% done with my shopping. I have decided to not step foot in a store this holiday season. I will be ordering everything online.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• We did, did well, and nope, no crazies - everyone heads to the bigger cities an hour away so the town we go to is relatively quiet! LOVE it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I never go black Friday shopping, my hubby does it every year. He and my SIL go together and my BIL and I watch the kids. Which is fine with me!
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 10:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I've never been shopping on Black Friday. My mom went a few years back, just that once, and swears she will never go again:) The crowds here were still going till at least 7 or 8 that night. I drove by the outdoor mall near my house with my best friend and her sister, and the lot was packed. This year, the stores in our area were much more organized, or so I read. After that goy was killed last year on black Friday, they tightened the safety procedures.
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2009