why do some parents think they have to come first?

i have been at my moms for 3 weeks. i finally came home yesterday. i had to leave my 13 yr old DD home with my boyfriend while i was down there helping her and go to court with my DS. now my mother is mad because i came back home and brought my cousins DD 20 and her son 4 home with me to stay. she says i am putting them b4 her. my boyfriend and i promised her mother on her dieing bed that we would look after them, and thats what we are doing. her little boy is just an angel. my mother was doing well the whole time i was there then when i go to leave she says she is getting worse. its just i hate the town my mother lives in. it is nothing but trouble. so what should i do and why do yall think she is being this way? please help?

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hmmm....maybe you should spend some 1on1time with her? she's probably upset becuase she feels that you are putting everyone else in front of her...you should talk to her..or write her a letter so no arguing goes on.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 9:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You've got enough children to care for. The adults get to the back of the line.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well Put ecodani
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Sounds like your mom may not really like the town she is living in either. She just may not be good at expressing herself and her needs. She loves you, but is probably feeling needy herself right now. Were the cousin and child living with her, or close by, before? Maybe she is just upset that you, and other friends, left town? I do hope you get a chance to talk to her, and reassure her that things will be OK. I hope you enjoy many more good conversations with your mom instead of arguments. She won't be there forever. My experience with the elders in my family was that they got a little childlike in their emotions when they got sick and old. Good luck!
    Josefsdotter

Answer by Josefsdotter at 11:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree that children come first. An adult would understand that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009