I asked last night which side does the carseat go on... Now does anyone have a 2003 Hynduai Santa Fe?

After reading all the answers we have decided to put it in the middle if we could, and if we couldnt then put her on the drivers side. So this morning i was looking a the manuel to our Santa Fe and it doesnt say ANYTHING about infant car seats, only the upright foward facing carseats. It mentioned the latchs only being in the passenger and drivers side. So does that mean that we cant put it in the middle?

Froggy_girl1790

Asked by Froggy_girl1790 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no "rule" as to which side you place your car seat on. When you have only one child, most people put the car seat in the middle. When you have more than one child, many moms (including me), put the younger child's car seat behind the passenger seat (so you can see/reach them/hand them things they need), and the older (more independent) child behind the driver's seat.

Those who drive minivans, tend to put their car seats on the side the opens, so that children aren't getting in/out on the street side, but instead on the sidewalk. But I have always used the child door locks, so they HAVE to wait until I open the doors. If we are parked on a busy street, I'll have them climb out the rear passenger side door.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• if you cant put it in the middle put it behind the passanger that way u can reach the child there is really not a safe side the middle is the safest but most of the time the car want allow it to be that way you put them behind the passanger, you could take it to the police dept or the fire station and get someone to put it in there that is what we do to ours. They are trained to dp that where we live
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Personally, I'd go with the passenger side if the middle doesn't work out (maybe the LATCH system isn't set up in the middle in your make/model of car, IDK) only because I could SEE better (with one of those mirrors that is made for seeing infants while they are facing the rear) and I'd have a harder time seeing him/her directly behind me.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You should be able to put it in the middle still... read and see if it talks about borrowing the latches... like in my car it has latches on either side but it's okay for my to use the latch in the center and use the ones on the sides (but you can only use 1 seat for the set)
    But you can always use the seat belt either way... LATCH isn't better than seat belts... just another option.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You can put it in the middle, just use the seatbelt for the middle seat. If there is no seatbelt for the middle, then you HAVE to put it on either side.

It is NOT okay to use the inner LATCH points from the outer seats in ANY vehicle!
    Anonymous

• Thanks, AmiJanell, for remembering that she can just use the seatbelt. Forgot to add that in. :) Seatbelts were used long before the LATCH came in.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009