Would ur dh be upset over this?

My dh and I with our kids were driving back home from out of town from spending time with the family we had a great time until that moment driving home :(
My dh had been working 8 nights straight and finally he had a day off the day we were driving that way well family came over and blah blahblah. My BIL & SIL were being really annoying well to make a long story short he had a short fuse and just walked away to avoid any problems. Well me not even thinking of what was going on I just went along with it. Anyway I remember complimenting to my B&SIL about something they had made (as it was they were already getting a big head) so giveing them this complement was really egging it on. The moral of this is my dh was upset with me bc I gave them a compliment and I only did it from my heart not to make my dh upset had I known I would not had said nothing...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I think after dh got some rest, he'd realize that you weren't intentionally trying to upset him. I know that I am cranky when I'm not caught up on my rest. Happens to the best of you, (wink). Hopefully he'll see that.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My DH might get upset over something stupid like that. I would scream at him that his head was up his ass, and he would get over it. Remind him that you can't read minds. They often forget that little fact. Bottom line, we are all human. We get in moods. We get tired. We forget that we aren't the center of the world and we act like idiots. You shouldn't have to walk on eggshells everytime you are around your B&SIL, constantly checking your DH's reaction to the things you say. If you have a decent relationship with your SIL you might want to mention that just because you liked (whatever it was) it doesn't mean you think she can walk on water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Being polite is something he should be proud of in you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think he was just tired and probably sick of the egos in the room, you didn't do anything wrong, let him get some rest, and don't stress on it, this is one of those things that is not that big of deal, if your DH is like mine, he is a BEAR when he needs sleep, good luck mom!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009