Would you give compliments as you see it?

Or do you just pretend you don't notice that pretty something?
I usually say something nice, but my dh feels that if they never say anything to me why should I say anything to them...I am like well when I give a compliment I am being sincere if they don't do the same for me It's no big deal.

But some people love to be complimented but the people we know well my dh thinks I should keep my mouth shut...lol
I just call it as I see it...I guess (there's no jealousy here this is the way I am) I hope it's a good thing...lol

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think you should treat others how you wish to be treated (even if they dont do it back). It s not like you are doing it to suck up, and it sounds like it comes naturally to you. Their is no harm is saying "cute necklace" or whatever. A little kindness goes a long way in this 'put yourself first world'. Keep it up! They may walk away after time with you and feel great and pass it on in a way that is natural to them, or they may not but a compliment cant hurt!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think you should treat people the way it makes you feel good.

Let's make no mistake --it's why you compliment others, right? Helping others feel good feels great to do, it's simple, quick, doesn't cost a thing and can give you a glow that lasts for hours.

Your husband's attitude is pretty common, but I think it's bizarre: he is jealous of your willingness to notice and flatter others, probably because he feels it takes something away from him --which is ridiculous and he'd never admit to it... but I can't think of any other reason why he's so interested in your losing all those wonderful opportunities to feel good.

Maybe he only compliments people when he wants something and finds that it very often doesn't work, and is trying to save you the frustration he's found there?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2009