Were you more nervous about labor/birth more with your first child or more with your second?

With my first daughter I had an easy pregnancy, I didn't know really what to expect with labor (just what I had been told) and labor turned out really easy. Well I'm 30 weeks pregnant and starting to think about labor and I'm getting a little freaked out bc this time I DO know what to expect and I think that makes it a little worse, This pregnancy has been complete opposite from my first so Im afraid labor is going to be complete opposite this time too, and probably the hardest thing is my mom pastsed away last year so she's not gonna be in the delivery room with me this time to talk me thru everything and just be there for me. Is it normal to be more freaked out with your second pregnancy than your first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was not at all nervous about labor and delivery with my son. I am a doula and I know a lot about childbirth, so I don't think I will be nervous about the next childbirth either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i was scared to dealth with the second my 1st was fine with the second i was scared something was going to happen and then who would take care of our 1st i was scared of alot of things with the second that i was not scared with the 1st. if that maked any sense
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i am getting nervous about the 2nd because i remember how much it effing hurts. lol, but i'll deal, i geuss its only 24 hours of pain at the most!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My first, because I was all alone - I had no clue what it would be like or anything, and I had my dad giving me crap daily about "was anything going on", and I knew I'd have to rely on them to get me to the hospital, etc etc etc. With my 2nd, I knew what to expect (but ended up being induced because I was way overdue and not going into labor naturally) and I had my husband - I was ready!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I was actually looking forward to labor with my second. It was really good. I would have another baby in a heartbeat, but right now I feel complete with my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• More nervous for my 2nd. My first was such an easy labor that I was nervous I wouldn't know how to deal with labor if it turned out to be more intense.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I was not nervous with my first until they told me it was too late for an epidural. Then I freaked out a little, focused and it wasn't bad. My second, I was nervous because I didn't want something to happen to me and then my kids would be without a mother. And I was not looking forward to the pain of contractions. Thankfully, my labors were only 5 and 6 hours so I have nothing to complain about!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling more nervous.

For this second pregnancy, I'm not as scared of the pain and the actual process of pushing out a baby, but I am more nervous about greater likelihood of not having the scheduled induction for being a week over like I was with the first one.

I'm not sure what to expect about the whole going into labor spontaneously thing,
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009