this wasn't just for fun but i had nowhere to to post it, its about deleted photos

ok so i had my daughter in october. my husband and i took soooo many pictures right after delivery up til now. well over the weekend my brilliant husband decided to go under format in the camera thinking he could somehow created a folder for them in the camera. well now they are all gone! :( i know that other people have pictures of her on their camera but no one has the ones from when she was first born. there were also ones of the week before i delivered that no one has. these are memories that i cannot get back. i tried to store them in my computer before something like this happened but for some reason my peice of crap computer didn't support the memory card and i couldn't get out to develop them. my husband feels like crap even though i could rip his head off right now lol. has this ever happened to anyone. if so, how did you get over it?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont fool with it anymore. If its really important to you take it to a repair shop. if they are still on there they can find it.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• There are lots of things you can do... from downloading 'recovery' software to, yes, taking it to a camera store where they can get the files off the camera for you. Even intentionally deleted photos can be recovered, often with no loss of data.

This question, btw, belongs in the new Technology section.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• formatting the camera deletes everything I learned!! my sons 1 bday pics were on mine and it happened too! they are gone and i doubt taqking it to a camera repair will get it back :( I was extremely upset too, I am a person with hundreds of pics of my kids and i lost those and they were extremely important too!
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• OP
    ty it is at best buy as we speak. they charged 60 for sending it out and if they can retrieve the data, its going to be anywhere from 250-520 bucks but i dont care as long as they can get it back. i'm just curious if they cannot get them back, how do i get over it? has it happened to anyone before?
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I lost all my son's kindergarten graduation pictures when I reformatted my hard drive. I was SURE I had all of the pictures backed up on CD or DVD but when I reinstalled them all his graduation pictures weren't there. I was devastated because I was the only one that took pictures of my son. All I had were the 4 cropped photos I uploaded to this site and my flickr account. And they are low quality jpeg pics...not really good for printing off. But it's all I have left. I took over 100 and lost all the shots with my son and his best school friend (who ended up not coming back to the school after that year).
    If the memory card doesn't work in your computer most cameras have the option of directly connecting to a computer with a USB cable. I had to do that when my card reader quit working on my old computer. I always save and delete because I reuse my card over and over. Then I back up to an external hard drive.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• OP

its weird because when i used the usb cord to connect them it still didn't work. thats why they weren't saved. this happened with a sandisk card so i got an optimum card and that didnt work either with the computer or the usb but at least they were still on the card and i could print them out until now :( i'm hoping the store comes through. its alot of money but so worth it if it works. if it does, hubby's gonna be working extra shifts to pay for his mess up
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009