Okay, if you had one day in New York City to show your kids around

what would YOU do?

(Don't give me a list and mega long advice paragraphs, I've been and lived inNYC, I just want a list of places/things you'd go see with your kids if you had a good 12 hour day to do it in.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• statue of liberty, empire state building, rockette christmas show, my DS is almost 5 so these are the things I know he would like, also because I like it matzo ball soup at Carnegie Deli!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• During holiday time I'd take them to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, maybe skating, FAO Swartz...maybe a holiday show. They are still pretty little, so 12 hours of anything would be too much =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• oops, Schwartz, =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I LOVE the Central Park zoo. It's really something to see. It's way too crowded to see the major sights (Empire State Building, statue of liberty). I would just walk through Times square and then go to the zoo. Go see the tree if it's not too crowded.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Tree lighting on Wednesday, AFO Schwartz, ice skating.
    Anonymous

• OP Here- Okay, I should have specified that we are NOT going during the holiday season, we will be going late winter.
    Anonymous

• I've never been there so I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    I know that I'm not a 'typical' tourist so I would want to see the interesting things off the beaten path - the 'real' NY. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• The children's museum.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 11:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009