How do I deal with this?

My mom has a friend who I cannot stand. Two years ago I gave her a christmas tree with lights and decor because she said her kids had never had a tree. I also made her kids a huge cookie tray and all of the christmas goodies and presents to go with it. Last Christmas , she spins out of control on drugs/alcohol and loses her boyfriend/house/kids. She went to rehab , got her kids back, etc. She calls me last week and says her ex wont give her the tree I gave her , so I told her I had a small white tree she could have with the lights and garland for it. When she gets to my home, she gets pissed that I gave her my sons old tree not the tree that I was putting up in his room this year. Then she starts in with " The girls won't have a christmas this year." She says this every year. I'm not buying her kids christmas again. I am tired of her being mad because I work hard for what my son has and she does nothing for her kids. WTF?

coffeemama1776

Asked by coffeemama1776 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You need to distance yourself from her the best you can. People like this are takers and she will always depend on you, she sounds like a user. Really if she s that hard up she would be grateful for what you give her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree with ria7
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• and being the big girl that you are, you don't need to make nicey nice with your MOTHER'S friends. she's clearly a user and an abuser, and she points the finger of blame at everyone but herself. who needs that? i wouldn't give her a dime. fool me once and shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• sounds like she has had people like you doing nothing but enabling her her entire life. I would'nt do shit for her...let her hit rock bottom for once and not have anybody there to wipe her ass and clean up her mistakes and then maybe she will see the light at the end of the tunnel
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree with Ria, Mom's friend, mom's problem, also I would call the ex and get my tree back, you are way too good spirited, some people love playing the victim, and this lady is a pro!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• There will always be those that will take advantage of you. Try to be understanding, but I don't think it makes you a bad person to draw the line somewhere...just don't be a bitch about it. Tell her diplomatically how it is and let the rest go. She will only use you as a door mat as long as you let her.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• WTF indeed! Tell her never mind, you promised it to someone else then. Sheesh! The nerve of her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009