Night wakings again??? Help

I have been very lucky with my four month old he started sleeping 10 hour stretches at three months old. He got his first tooth a few days age and has been waking up at night for a few days. The first couple nights were ok, he only woke up once but last night he woke up 4 times!!! Wanted to nurse every time except once. What can I do?!?! I don't want him to get use to eating again at night and I want my sleep back:( Help!!

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 11:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• co-sleep. You can doze/ sleep while he eats.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Babies wake up. My youngest was waking up 1-3 times a night at 2 years yet. But if it's a sudden thing, have him checked for an ear infection - it is pretty young for that, but it's always been my kids' only sign of one. He's also at a typical age for a growth spurt - could be he's just hungry - let him eat!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• They will do this off and on for the next year or two. Get used to it! Co-sleep if you need more sleep... there's nothing else you can do.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Your baby is probably going through a growth spurt and NEEDS the feedings. My DS is 19 months old and going through a growth spurt now and has just started waking once a night absolutely starving. Feed your baby when he's hungry and then let him go back to sleep.

Also, the part of the baby's brain that regulates sleep doesn't develop until after 6 months old. Any time a baby is sleeping through the night and seems to have regular sleep patterns before 6 months old it's just a fluke.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Give it a little time, and your baby should be back on his regular schedule of sleeping through the night again. I find my little guy (8 months old) tends to wake up during the night when he is teething, and once his tooth pops through the gums' surface, he usually returns to his sleeping through the night routine.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009