getting labor started?

i am 39 weeks pregnant and really sick of being pregnant...how do i get labor started? ive tryed sex and its not working...anyother ideas? please help me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WALK walk everywhere at a faster pace make your hubs drive you around some bumpy roads. do lots of sitting on the floor and getting back up. OR you could do like me and try to get everything prepared for you little one and pack your hospital bag. Honestly i did this and the next day i was in the hosp cause my water broke. I hope this helps and GL
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well, the things that you can do at home really won't start labor unless your baby is ready. Baby initiates labor when the lungs are mature enough to breathe. So instead of exhausting yourself with things that probably won't work, I'd try to do things to relax you enough to enjoy the last moments of pregnancy. Have sex, take walks, but also take naps and warm baths and stretch, etc.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree with asaffell. Baby will come when it's ready and that could be 3 more weeks. Be patient, try to relax and try to do things for yourself. You will be on the back burner once baby is here!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• walking, having sex, and eating spicy foods won't hurt but they really won't help either. it's kind of likely that you still have 2 weeks or more left, so i would just relax as much as possible. :) there really isn't anything safe that will really start labor and it's best for baby to stay in until s/he's done :) my son was born at 41 weeks and i was still working so i know how you feel! it can be tough to get much rest at the end and it can be so uncomfortable, but it really is for the best. gl!!!! right now i'm just 10 weeks, so i'm guessing in about 30 weeks i will be on here asking the same thing! begging please help me get things going! ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• try jumping jacks i guess the force of gravity culd make the babys head come down more i did that with my daughter at 39 weeks an next morning i had a trickle donw my leg like i peed myself an come around 12 i had an ob apointment she said my water broke i was like wow reallY?? so try that do allot of them! til you are extremly tired hope this works !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• masterbate with a vibrating dildo. trust me on this one.......
    Anonymous

• jump on a trampoline.. lightly not, hard core.
    Anonymous

• i don't think there is anything you can really do to start labor, but at least you are 39 weeks, i'm only 34 and im SICK of being pregnant, and growing very restless! I can't wait to meet my little guy and get back into shape!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Keep having sex! If you and your SO both have an O, it's very likely to work. You could also try a good long walk, raspberry leaf tea, pineapple juice,...but don't drink castor oil because it will only mess up your bowels and make you really sick. Don't drink ipecac either.
    ProudMom093083

Answer by ProudMom093083 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I can't believe some of these answers. When you get pregnant you know that it is 40 plus weeks... why do we have to kick our babies out before they are ready? Nothing you do at home will do anything unless your baby is ready. All you are doing is exhausting yourself so that when you do go into labor you will be too tired for it. It is called labor for a reason.
    Anonymous