Is it sad that we will only have 4 presents under our tree this year? I Feel like it's disappointing, but my husband got laid off and we don't have any money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• We won't have much this year either- but we do have the decorations and I plan to bake christmas cookies-and let the kids (teens) decorate them -we will probably take a drive around twon to enjoy the Christmas lights and whatnot, and there are the Christmas movies and hot choco ;)
    Just gonna try to make the best of it this year
    (and for us it isn't about Jesus either)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Isn't Christmas about the birth of Jesus and not gifts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• No, we are scaling way back here as well. I guess you need to be thankful for your family right now, I know how hard this is, and I myself have had cases of the "poor me", but you know what? I am happy that at least my family is intact to have Christmas, good luck momma, and god bless!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• well since i'm not religous, and i don't care about that, no it's not for us. I don't care about jesus. or god.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i'm thankful for my family, i jsut wish i had more to give them. it's fun to see them smile and open gifts.
    Anonymous

• Some ppl will have nothing and just think the homeless out there in the streets who have nothing. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• try toys for tots, salvation army, red cross, angel tree programs, fire departments do things for kids for christmas, as well some churches. My children believe in Santa and I cannot let them down on that.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i don't feel bad for the homeless, ebcause MOST of them arn't out trying to get jobs. im sorry. We're havign a hard time to, we're just not as lazy. Thats how i feel about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You are doing the best you can. We're not doing much either. We're only buying for our kids and that's it. I have a feeling it will cause problems among certain realtives who think Christmas is about how much money is spent on gifts but I don't believe in that and even if I did it would not matter. I'm not spending the mortgage money trying to outdo everyone else.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2009

• What's sad is it seems you don't really understand the true meaning of Christmas Sweetie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2009