Are thank-you cards dead?

I didn't get a thank-you card from Felipe's classmate for the gift we gave at her birthday party. Do MOST PEOPLE still send thank-you cards? (I would love to hear what YOU do too - but mostly I want to know what the trend is these days). Felipe just turned three and I plan to send thank-you cards for all the gifts he received at his party... just wondering if I am the odd one out or not.

(Don't know what category this belongs in...)

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 12:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• I tend to thank people face to face, or with a phone call. I prefer to be thanked that way as well. It really doesn't matter to me how the message is delivered, as long as the sentiment that you appreciate the gift gets thru!!! I really don't mind a thank you e-mail either - it's more economical that way!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• most dont, i dont and dont know of anyone who does anymore. envelopes and stamps...are so out.
    Anonymous

• Thank you cards are not dead! I get them and give them for every birthday present. I don't give them to family. I think if you are related, you don't need to send them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I really want to send Thank you cards and sometimes I evven buy them, but some reason they just never end up in the mail. Like this year I bought everyone thanksgiving card wrote out the names and address's and where are they? In my drawer.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I send them out for birthday party gifts. I rarely get any thank you cards from gifts that i give but I am ok with that since most people don't send them anymore.
    Anonymous

• I have never received or given a thank you card for a birthday present. The only time i sent out thank you cards is when i got married. BUT i will be sending out thank you cards this time. My mom never did when i was growing up but i think it's important to do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• They are not dead in my family.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I do and try to send them within 30 days. Some people just don't care.
    Anonymous

• I've never sent one ~ never received one.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Sense of etiquette of writing thank you cards is dying, well maybe sense of giving out gifts should die as well.
    Anonymous