Do you feel like? Just Venting

That you are never off the clock. I am a SAHM and I dust, vacuum, laundry, cook, nurse..... He goes to work and clocks out. When he comes home I cook dinner, do the dishes and continue working. I don't think he knows how much I do. How to I let him know without being a bitch? How do you feel?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel the same way. Now that my hubby is laid off, he see's how much I do around the house, and he has been helping tremendously.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Go away for a couple of days LOL! My DH really appreciates it when I come back!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Men just don't understand unless they're the stay at home parent. They don't get how much work it really is being a mom and a homemaker. My husband and I went 'round and 'round when our son was born. Even when he was laid off he was absolutely worthless, and it took everything I had not to just grab the kid and leave. I felt there was no point in me being a single mom in a marriage. However, we worked through it and we got to a point where he finally heard what I said. Sure, he went right back into old habits after a couple of weeks, so I got right back on his ass about it. Now that we have two kids he helps out a lot more. I don't have to practically beg him to do something, he gets the kids when I ask, but I do still have to ask. He doesn't always take initiative, which is still very frustrating. I don't know how you can get through to your DH without harping, beacuse that's the only way I could get through to mine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• This should have been discussed before marriage but since it wasn't, just tell him what you expect from him. Men think we like doing it all at home. Be specific when you tell him what you want him to do to help you out.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't know anyone who discusses before marriage a husband being a decent human being and helping his wife but anyway, just tell him you need help. He should not have to be told, he has eyes but not many husbands do help without being told their wife is overwhelmed. I used to have a meltdown but now I just say I need help with this or that. Mine likes to come home and plop in the recliner my parents gave us and just spend the night watching tv, playing games or texting. I had to explain that his job does not end when he clocks out and he still has to help or I stop doing everything I do everyday. It is not perfect by any means but he does help more when I ask.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009