Fruits and Veggies

How do you try to get fruits and veggies in your diet and in your kids. I make a veggie with our dinner but my dd doesnt always like the one i make and even if i make her eat 5 green beans that isnt enough! She is a good eater and will eat veggies, but Im trying to get creative and offer more variety at the meals. For example I may serve pizza and steamed broccoli and a tray of 2 fruits so if she takes a littel of all then she has more fruits and veggies in her. Sometimes I hide veggies to sneak in one extra. Need more tips or fav. veggie recipes so I can get more in out diet.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a ton of great recipes. There is just not enough room here to post them. Feel free to send me a message offlist.

You can through chopped vegetables in just about any sauce, soup, etc.; throw kale (loaded with calcium and iron) in smoothies; etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Cheeses and dipping sauces. Chocolate sauce????? Yeah, its happened! lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• invest in a simple vegetarian cook book. They can teach you how to make good meals full of nutrients without the meat.
    Also, have her help you cook. She'll be more likely to eat whatever you make if she is helping you make it.
    Let her have a say. My oldest likes green beans and carrots. He also loves ants on a log. My youngest likes broccoli and carrots. He also loves rice. (i usually, almost always, use whole grain brown rice).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• We live by V8 Splash. It tastes like a fruit drink but has 1 serving of veggies and 1 of fruit in each glass.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• When mine were old enough but still young I would serve cut up raw veggies and a bit of Ranch on their plate.I would stick toothpicks in the veggies.So they had 'snacks and dips' as a part of dinner.They ate a lot of veggies happily this way.We also did this with fruit and yogurt.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009