Does anyone have a good Italian spaghetti sauce recipe or link of one Thanks

I am looking for a plain sauce with maybe some hamburg and sausage not a chunky sauce I guess anything will help Thanks Ladies I would like to make it and cook it all day with home maid garlic onions etc etc Thanks Again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I go by taste as I was taught by my Italian great grandmother. In a large sauce pot...saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil. Add ground beef, Italian sausage or whatever meat you want. Add a large can of chopped stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste. Season as desired with salt, pepper, oregano, basil,etc. Let cook on low for atleast 4 hours. NOTHING is comparable to homemade sauce. The only jar sauce I use is Barilla or Newman's Own.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Im not sure exactly what your taste is like. BUT i thnk and family thinks i made the BEST spaghetti the other day. I would get some preggo not chunky i get the four cheese which doesnt really have the taste of cheese. but get enough for your size family and get the best already made meatballs in frozen isle section and just put the meatballs and sauce in the same pan and let it cook for hours. i would only let it cook little over 3 hours but on very low maybe a low medium and make mushrooms, sauteed onions, salt pepper, garlic cloves, and dont forget some dijion mustard only a little bit. Lots of cheese, mozzarella and cheddar. GL
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Use whole canned tomatoes and simmer them with basil, oregano and some garlic, as it simmers, you can break them up with a spoon, the longer it cooks, the more they will break up, about an hour before serving add a couple of teaspoons of sugar, and whatever meat you want, I also simmer mine with a large sauteed onion, my grandma made this all the time and it is simple and tastes so yummy, if you want mushrooms in it don't put them in until about the last 30 minutes, happy saucing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I usually cheat with spaghetti sauce which is a sin to my Italian background! But really Ragu makes the best sauces IMO. They taste like the real thing, and they have either chunky or plain, and like 10 flavors to suit whatever taste your family prefers. I usually brown either hamburger or turkey or sometimes some Italian sausage and add it to the sauce and let it simmer for an hour. You would never know it came from a can! Mmmmmm
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Thanks so much ladies all your answers helped me a lot ..have a great day

Anonymous

• http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/wolfgang-puck/2100/spaghetti-with-tomato-basil-sauce-and-tender-garlic-parmesan-meatballs
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009