I can not believe how people are sooooooooooooo greedy

It is okay to make a little money, but 10-time the amount?
I'm have been looking for the zhu zhu pets and have found them for prizes no one should ever pay .
A pet cost $8. and they are going for way over $30. on ebay and c.List. And than they want from $5. to $20. for shipping.
I am so pissed off. This Christmas we have cut back a lot and all I want to give my grand baby is the zhu pets. She only likes animals no baby dolls.
Is anybody having problems finding this dam things?

gammie

Asked by gammie at 1:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• will I did it, I got Chuck ($30.)and his surfboard($26.) on Ebay. The rest of his friends I will get after Christmas.

Now I'm done shopping :>)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• This is nothing new. the ironic thing is that when it gets closer, you will give in and pay that price.
    Anonymous

• ^True.
    Anonymous

• Sellers charge whatever the market will bear! If it's a collectible item, and you just "have to have it" you'll pay for it! Funny thing is, if it's available AFTER Christmas, you'll likely pay the regular, non-inflated price!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• No, I haven't seen them anywhere. DD kept going on and on about them when the commercial would play. The guy at TRU said that it's one of the hot items this year. He must be right because I couldn't find those things anywhere in the store. I am guessing they were sold out.

It's the same story with different items every year. Last year it was Wii or something, wasn't it? It was interesting watching the bids go up crazy amounts on eBay, particularly in the last 30 seconds.

I hope you find them somewhere reasonable.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I must be a rotten mom! It is a far far stretch for me to give in! The last time I did, it was for a Transformer's Halloween costume. It was a high quality realistic looking one that my special needs child had been wanting for months. Now that he is older he understands we can't always have what we are longing for.

OP, I am very sorry. If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine just paid more than $40 apiece for 2 of them.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• TRU got them in for black friday, 100 for the first 100 people through the door. I really don't see the appeal personally, they look kinda creepy IMO.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• http://www.examiner.com/x-22639-Google-Trends-Examiner~y2009m11d28-Zhu-Zhu-Pets-mania

"The demand is pushing prices up."
    Anonymous

• If you can't find one, don't beat yourself up. Just remember what happened with Tickle Me Elmo. Rosie ODonnell put them on her show and they became the "it" toy of the year. Parents spent $100 or more for them, radio stations were giving them away and they were higher valued prizes than concert tickets. The lucky kids who found them under the tree played with them for a half hour and never bothered again - they were boring.

If they really want zhuzhu's, they'll be available cheaper for their birthdays, but in the meantime, wait and see if any friends get them for Christmas and are bored with them by New Years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Nope, because I've never heard of them - and I think I'm glad, lol!
    Anonymous