how can i get my 1 year old to sleep thru the nite???

i have a 12 month old that bout refuses to sleep thru the nite. i dont kno what to do. ive tried it all changing his diet, power naps, getting him up early, trying to keep him up during the day, lettin hi fuss it out at nite. im out of options. please help, im at my wits end. ive been fightin with him for months now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont try to keep him up during the day it never works. The schedule I put my kid on is wake up at 8 take a 2 hour nap at 11 or 12. Then the most important is bedtime routine everynight he takes a bath, brushes his teeth, and I read him to sleep. If I do anything differently during the bedtime routine he wont sleep through the night. Kids need repetition.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Maybe he is just not ready to sleep thru the night. Kids have their own schedules and sometimes they do not work they way we want them too.

And what do you mean he won't sleep thru the night? He gets up for the night at odd hours and is up for the rest or wakes frequently and then goes back to sleep...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• keep a routine.. dinner, bath, book, & bed. after meeting all his needs put him in his crib, put some soft music on, hugs & walk away. only allow one small nap during the day & try to tire him out before bed, with play. even if your routine doesn't work right away stick to it, be patient & it will.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It is normal for a baby that small to wake up several times per night, stop fighting him and just snuggle up at night, everybody sleeps better this way.
    Check out this article too, on how to change your baby's sleep patterns. http://drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp I think it's pretty good :)
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 3:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009