my husband always worries that my pregnancy symptoms might be a virus. anyone else?

my husband is so worried all of the time about my tiredness and my nausea and vomiting. he says "how do you know it's not the flu or some other virus?" i was more tired with my first pregnancy, but less nauseous and had no vomiting. i talked to my midwife about it and told him that she said it's very normal but he still worries so much. i was just wondering if anyone else or your SO's are always worried that the pregnancy symptoms are more than pregnancy symptoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well it is flue season.

A week ago, I had vomiting that seemed a lot more like food poisoning (for it's intensity and duration) than pregnancy sickness.

A give-away if it is a virus is that you would also have a fever, or chills.....but if it's a virus, you treat it just about the same way as when it's just pregnancy symptoms - you rest, keep yourself hydrated, and eat what you can.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• No, I was nauseous and vomiting throughout my entire last pregnancy but it was just pregnancy related. Now I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have had no symptoms other than fatigue - I'm hoping this lasts!

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009