Moms with more than one child.. about labor/delivery

Did your 2nd one come sooner? Faster? Smoother?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Faster and smoother. My 1st - 12 hours, 2nd - 8 hours, 3rd - 5 hours, 4th - csection, 5th - we'll see in July!

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• He came later but labor didnt last as long. I was also induced with my second and my first came on her own.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yes to all.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• 2nd came quicker, but both labors and deliveries were very smooth and very fast. I was overdue and induced both times though...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• both. My frist one was about 3 days late and it was 16 hours labor. My second was born on his due date and was less than 5 hours labor. I think part of the factor was that I was not stressed at all and very relaxed. It was a pretty easy birth :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Both my pregnancies were different. I had complications with the 2nd and ended up having to have an emergency c-section. Up to that point though, my labor felt the same as the first.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Sooner - only because I was induced at a week overdue - first was 17 days late and came naturally. Because of the induction she also came faster - 18 hours vs 36. My 3rd was faster yet - 4 days early, and from the first contraction to "it's a girl" was less than 8 hours - she was the hardest recovery too though, because she came so fast & hard. 4th took longer (induced), about 12, but it was all roses thanks to the epidural. 5th, labor started naturally, but dragged on literally for a week, they gave me a tiny bit of pitocin and he was out in 2 hours - recovery would have been picture perfect but I had my tubes tied the next day. I honestly liked my induced labors better than my natural ones, and the 2 with epidurals (last 2) better yet!
    Anonymous

• All 3 of my boys tried to come out too soon (my oldest was born a month early) but that is where the similarities end. I was in labor 18 hours with oldest son, and I had c-sections with middle and youngest sons. So I don't count. LOL. Every labor is different, really, just as every pregnancy is. Some women, like my sister, have shorter labors with each subsequent child. All four of her labors didn't equal up to my one! Wench....
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• All of the above :)

1st was induced 9 days over due, took 13 hours, pushed for 2 of those. I had an epsiotomy, an epidural.. it was just a long hard labor, took me a long time to recover.

2nd one came 2 days late, all on his own. I had random contractions all day, then about 11pm I got the runs (sorry lol) and labor came on full blown, exactly 6 minutes apart. By the time I got to the hospital (1am) I was a 6, in my room at 2am I was a 9, 3:15 started to push, 3:36am he was born. No drugs.. didn't need them. I did tear, but only because he had his left hand on his right cheek, they couldn't do much to help it.. but it was just a small tear. Recovery was a LOT better too.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Sooner, faster, ...eh. He came at 38 weeks exactly, my first was 6 days overdue. I was in the hospital with him 5 hours before he was born, 8 hours with my first. I pushed him out in a push and a half, pushed my first out in 15 minutes. I could not bear the pain as long with my second, although I truly believe that is because I lost all will to try because my husband was not there.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009