What would you do if your hubby wanted you to get an abortion?

Say that you already have 3 kids, you are struggling financially, your marriage is on the rocks and a divorce is probably in the near future. You find out you're preggers again, and your husband says that you're already struggling to support 3 kids, and 1 more is going to make it even harder, so he asks you to get an abortion. What would you say or do? If you were against abortion, but scared out of your mind over the thought of being a single parent raising 4 kids, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Abortion is not ever an option for me. My dh and I are struggling right now financially and I just found out I'm pregnant again, but I would never consider abortion. I would be very angry with my dh for even considering it! I'd much rather be alone and struggle to raise my 5 than know that I killed my child to stay with my husband.

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Wouldn't do it, no matter if struggle or not, a child is a blessing, and there is always a way to support it.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• ADOPTION should be the only option
    Anonymous

• If you are on the road to divorcing and you have no money and you have 3 kids you can't take care of right now, can you tell why 1) you were even having sex with this man, and 2) why you didn't use protection?? Seriously.

I would not be able to abort my baby who, don't forget, is your children's sibling. That being said, you made your bed, don't make the baby pay for it.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'd be angry he'd even suggest such a thing! If you already think divroce is on the horizon, this would be the thing to bring it on faster, I would think. Struggling to make ends meet and a strained realtionship is no reason for that. I would tell him that it's not an option and if you can make it with the kids you got, you can make it with one more. There are lots of ways to save money out there on baby stuff. Bring this to his attention and if he still doesn't like it, then tough. You can do it. It's a baby... a wonderful gift. Remind him of that.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It would never come into conversation with me. I'm totally against abortion and in my opinion if I'm going to take part in Adult activities I'm going to be responsible for my actions, no matter how hard I had to work for it.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well if that were the situation. I would be raising four kids alone, with his child support. Tell him next time he needs to think about this kind of thing, because getting pregnant can ALWAYS happen. If he doesn't want babies he needs to get himself fixed. Not kill the babies he makes.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• This is your choice, not his. You need to decide what is best for your existing children.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'm not going to get into the whole debate about abortion, that is beside the point on this. If it were me, I'd say no, we are having another baby and you can get fixed or you can leave and pay child support. It's not his decision.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I feel just as strongly as most of you on abortion. To me it isn't even an option. We were using protection, but obviously it wasn't enough, because here I am in this situation. I refused to get an abortion, and if that is what pushes him to decide that divorce is truly what he wants, then so be it. It's a decision I have to live w/ for the rest of my life, and it's not one that I am even willing to make. Obviously for whatever reason, God felt that this child should be in our lives right now, and I'm not gonna mess w/ God's decision. It will be hard, but I know we can get through this. Or at least I can, if I have to, alone. I'm just scared, and I want all of my children to have the best life poss.
    Anonymous