if you were hosting a family Christmas party would you

Rather have an extreemly clean house that had some major home improvement projects unfinished or finish the projects and have a so so house

We are hosting the family party this year and while we thought we would be finished with these projects by now but we aren't so the time has come to decide which driection to go in
Things that need to be done are things like painting trim and doors installing some tile painting rooms that weren't part of the renovation walls have has some patching on them etc... There is a ton of construction dust that will take some time to take care of plus all the extras like decorating

So if it was your house what would you do. Plug away on projects or stop and deep clean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would deep clean. Even if the walls and stuff doesnt look their best people will still know that you keep a spotless house.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• That's tough. Hmmm...I'd probably finish the projects. I'm totally the type to scrub my house spotless before company, but I can also admit that most people probably wouldn't notice the difference between that and if I didn't clean at all, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would focus on cleaning, decorating, and cooking for the holidays. People will be able to tell that the house is under construction and a work in progress, but that is ok! You can even tell them what your plans are then enjoy the holidays and get back to projects after Christmas is over!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would stop the projects and clean.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would clean. People will understand if big projects aren't finished.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Been there and still partially am there... our diningroom was a paint project of stripping 3 types of wall paper and glue and repairing the cracks etc.... I host Christmas dinner every yr so last yr it was stripped walls with 1 wall completely done including the paint... now this yr I have been working all day long every day to get as much of it done... it is 95% done the only small section will be done after the holidays and my house plants pretty much cover that ... but deep clean, get that dust up and wipe everything down.... I was wiping and cleaning almost up to the day... this yr I am hosting a gathering of friends too and that is this coming saturday so I have been deep cleaning and touch ups....
    Don;t worry about getting all of the projects completed, just make sure that the work dust and dirt is up and the house is clean...and your decorations will help with taking the focus off the undone work...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Clean, everyone understands renovation and I don't think there is any excuse for dirty.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009