back labor??

I'm due in 2 weeks and I haven't really experienced any back pain during this pregnancy. Out of no where this afternoon, in between my lower and middle back is hurting a lot and it comes and goes. It even wraps around my sides sometimes. I haven't been feeling any contractions so I'm not sure if this is the beginning stages of labor or if my back is just acting up today. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it could be braxton hicks. does it come and go like they are short, or like it hurts for 10 minutes then stops for a while? i think if it is like a tightening pain that lasts a minute or less, it's probably braxton hicks. but hard to tell if you will go into labor tomorrow or in a month :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• Some women describe contractions this way. But even if they are contractions, your body is probably doing some of that important "warm-up" work.

Do you know your baby's position? (Back labor happens when baby is facing forward when mom goes into labor.) You might try to help your body a little bit in case it's working on coaxing your baby anterior.
    I can pass along some helpful info if you'd like, just message me.

Good luck!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009